Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

14.3.14

Weekend Rewind XXVII: Extracting life


Lately I've been preoccupied with extracting clingy children from legs, gunk from ovens, compost from bins and the business strategy for a new start up from heads. 'Cos that's how we roll.

Things to check out this week:





I've been trying to use Twitter a little more lately and I'm finding that I'm getting more comfortable with it. It's not so overwhelming when you realise that most people are posting stuff for you to click and read, they don't actually want to talk to you...

There were also some cracker posts up on the Rewind last week:

I'm not sure if a meme was doing the rounds, but both Lisa and Kimmie shared posts about loving yourself... and even liking yourself (which I sometimes think is actually much harder to do!!)

Neets has got a super-hot brother. More (or less, depending on priorities) importantly, they love each other dearly.

Rachael is bringing back the art of storytelling and I highly recommend The Moth. 

And Bec opened up to be honest about honesty.

Enjoy this week's reading and enjoy your weekend! I'm off to Bill Bryson at the State Theatre tonight with my man. A date! A real-live date! I've just gotta run the gauntlet of 'don't go mummy's and I'm freeeeeeee...

Happy reading.

x

Weekend Rewind

Joining in is easy: join here, or join over at Life, Love and Hiccups - just link up your favourite post written this past week (or posts if you were particularly on fire!). Bring a buddy we haven't met for show and tell if you like. Then settle in to read some wonderful stuff from your fellow bloggers.

21 comments:

Jodi Gibson said...

Enjoy your date Bron! ;)

MrsSmithy said...

Isn't it funny how they act SO devastated when we live the house but don't care once we are gone. ENJOY ENJOY! Twitter is too fast for me, I try to keep up but battle - have a happy weekend :)

Zanni Arnot said...

Enjoy your date hon! And loving the new blog design. Looks great :)

The linky is saying it's closed?? xx

Kim Houssenloge said...

Have fun, Bronny:) Love that flowery photo up there. Gorgeous! Hey, why no linky linky thingame??? x

Lisa @ Random Acts Of Zen said...

Thanks lovely Bron.
Enjoy your date night! I saw the fabulous Bill Bryson on TV the other day, have the best time xx

Erin said...

Enjoy your date:)

Rachelisalive said...

I have a bit of an ebb and flow with Twitter too so I understand your ambivalence. If I`m already feeling overwhelmed with life I steer clear, as the torrent of chatter just makes me feel more stressed. But as I found this week it can be incredibly helpful and effective - it was instrumental in getting me my golden ticket!

Katie @ Life With The Crew said...

The author Bill Bryson (not another Aussie Bill Bryson)? That would be a great date. I've read several of his book - they are hilarious!

Toni said...

Love the new look! I haven't got twitter at all because I'm a bit overwhelmed and scared by it all too.

Bec - Mumma Tells said...

I am humbled that you think enough of my words to share them, Bron. Thank you.

That bit about Neet's brother? That actually made me laugh out loud! Too funny. And *ahem* true. As is your commentary on Twitter. I find it is one platform you just have to dive in to. X

Sarah Zinc Moon said...

Haven't quite got a hold of Twitter yet...but am now totally addicted to Instagram...and Facebook...! Hope you had a fabulous evening! x

Renee Wilson said...

Thanks for the great bloggy tips as per usual. I really need to try better at Twitter. It's just a matter of finding the time. I hope you had a lovely time last night, although I'm still a little mad at you for posting that Milo dessert ;) Seriously regretting quitting sugar when I see delicious goodness like that! xx

Kate said...

Hope you had a wonderful date night! I have seen you lurking around on Twitter a little. I am the opposite. I just can't do Facebook!

Tanya Flood-Proof Mum said...

Have a lovely date - so guilty of not using twitter - it scares me! :)

Sam Stone said...

How was Bill?

Francesca said...

Hope your date night was amazing :-) How was Bill Bryson?

Roberta Granada M. Bortoluzzi said...

Hi, I love your blog, is beauty, I love the colors, I love your crochet, visit my blog too,hugs from Brazil.
http://www.titacarre.com
http://elo7.com.br/titacarre

Emily said...

Thanks for the links, and for hosting the Rewind, as ever. Enjoy your night out!! x

Jodi said...

Popped back in to find the linky working. Hope date night was enjoyable xxx

Kylie Purtell said...

Hope you had a great night out! I went to dinner with a girlfriend of mine last night, out first catch up of the year, and it was so good to have a kid-free evening (even if it did involve screaming babies and toddlers with temperatures just as I was walking out the door!). There is something to be said for a little kid-free time every now and then, it's good for the soul!

Take Charge Becc said...

A real live date....a great reminder of something we all should be doing. Enjoy!

Post a Comment

Thank you for talking to me.x